Compare Private Student Loan Lenders
Sallie Mae Student Loans
- Variable Rates: 3.12% APR - 10.54% APR (lowest rate shown includes auto debit discount). Fixed rates also available.1
- Choose from multiple repayment options, including no payments while in school1
- Get 24/7, online help with our exclusive Study StarterSM benefit, which includes free access to 4 months of Chegg Study® and EasyBib® Plus and 30 minutes of Chegg® Tutors6
Sallie Mae® Smart Option Student Loan® for Undergraduate Students
When grants, scholarships, and federal aid are not enough, choose the Smart Option Student Loan® for Undergraduate Students. You can apply for the money you need for college, and the flexibility you want.
- Competitive variable rate starting from 3.12% APR to 10.54% APR (Competitive fixed rates also available. Lowest rate shown includes auto debit discount.)1
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalties2
- Easy online application accessible on all devices
- Get a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled in and making monthly payments by automatic debit3
- You can apply for the funds you need to cover all your school-certified expenses for the entire school year including tuition, fees, books, supplies, housing, meals, travel, and even a laptop4
- Applying with a cosigner may help you get a better rate
- You may apply to release your cosigner from the loan after you graduate, make 12 on-time principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements5
College Ave Student Loans
- Competitive fixed and variable APRs starting at 2.84%1
- Multiple repayment options including: full principal and interest, interest-only, deferred, and flat payment
- Flexible payment terms ranging from 5, 8, 10, and 15 years2
- Coverage up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance ($1,000 minimum)3
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Apply online in 3 minutes and get an instant credit decision
Get the money you need for school quickly and at a great price.
- Low rates, free to apply, and no disbursement fees
- 0.25% interest rate reduction when you make payments by automatic debit1
- Borrow up to 100% of the school-certified cost of attendance (minimum $1,000)3
- The most repayment choices - and help making sense of them
- No penalty for early repayment
We get it. You want to pay as little interest as possible and have monthly payments you can afford. That's why the College Ave Student Loan Product has low rates and multiple repayment options to help you manage the total cost of the loan.
Earnest Private Student Loans
- Fast application and approval process
- Four flexible repayment options to save you money
- 9 month grace period (3 months more than most lenders)
- No fees for origination, disbursement, prepayment or late payment
New-fashioned loans for the next generation
Earnest is a technology company using cutting-edge data science, smarter design, and software automation to rebuild financial services. With a mission to empower people with the financial capital they need to live better lives, Earnest's lending products are built for a new generation seeking to reach life's milestones. The company uses data and technology to understand every applicant's unique financial story and offer the lowest possible rates.
EDvestinU Private Loan
- Fixed and variable APRs ranging from 4.446–10.4440%1 with multiple repayment options
- .50% interest rate reduction for having payments automatically withdrawn (included in stated APRs)2
- Apply with a cosigner to get the best rates, and know that they could be released after just 24 consecutive on-time payments3
- No application, origination, disbursement, or pre-payment fees
- A nonprofit lender keeping money where students want it – in their pockets
- Flexible repayment options including immediate, interest-only, or deferred repayment
- Up to one (1) year of economic hardship deferment and up to one (1) year of forbearance time available
CommonBond Student Loans
- Competitive fixed & variable rates starting at 3.66%
- Flexible 5, 10, or 15-year terms
- Award-winning customer service every step of the way
CommonBond Private Student Loan
Student loans pay for college or graduate school at thousands of schools across the country
Get the help you need to pay for school with CommonBond. We’ve got your back with competitive rates, award-winning service, borrower protections, and multiple repayment options. No hidden fees, no double-digit APRs here. And we offer resources to help you make the right personal finance choices.
We’re on a mission to make student loans more affordable, more transparent, and easier to manage. We provide choices and support every step of the way, and take pride in being a partner on your educational journey. And the best part? With CommonBond, you’ll always receive a competitive rate. No double-digit interest rates here.
Here’s what you get when you choose CommonBond:
- Flexibility: Since everyone's financial situation is different, we provide flexibility — so you can make the best decision for yourself –
- Borrow up to 100% of your school's cost of attendance.
- Loan terms of 5, 10, and 15 years, each available at both fixed and variable rates.
- Multiple repayment options, from paying as you go while in school (in exchange for a lower rate) to completely postponing payments until you graduate.
- Service: Our award-winning Care Team is available by phone, email, and live chat to answer any questions you have. Breathe easy — our experts know what you're going through!
- Simplicity: With our easy online application, you can get approved in minutes. There are no pre-payment penalties and no hassles. No kidding.
- Resources: We provide expert content, helpful webinars, and easy-to-use tools to help you understand the impact of your choices — so you can make the right decisions.
- Social Promise: Your loan makes a difference. For every loan we fund we also fund the education of a child in need. We're the first — and only — lender to make that promise.
Discover® Student Loans
- Cover up to 100% of your school-certified college costs including tuition, housing, books and more.1
- Get a one-time cash reward for good grades.2
- Variable rates: 3.12% - 11.62%3 (lowest rate shown includes an interest-only repayment discount and a 0.25% interest rate reduction while enrolled in automatic payments)
- Choose from in-school or deferred repayment options, and there is never a penalty for prepayment.
- $0 fees for the life of your loan including no application, origination or late fees.
- Apply now in 15 minutes or less.
Discover® Student Loans
- Discover Student Loans provides options for Associate or Bachelor's degree programs at eligible colleges and for Masters and Doctoral degree candidates at eligible graduate schools.
- You can borrow up to 100% of your school-certified costs (including tuition, housing, books and more). Aggregate loan limits apply.
- Apply today! Choice of great fixed or variable interest rates.
- Count on $0 fees, including application, origination or late fees.
- You have the option to make either interest-only or $25 fixed, monthly payments while in school and during the grace period to lower the overall loan cost. However, you can also choose to defer payments, meaning that monthly payments are not required until after the grace period or enrollment drops below half-time.
- Get a one-time cash reward for each new Discover undergraduate and graduate student loan when you get at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent). Reward redemption period is limited. 2
- 6-month grace period for undergraduate loans and 9-month grace period for graduate loans.
- By adding a cosigner, you may improve your likelihood for loan approval and may lower your interest rate.
- Applying online is quick and easy and our knowledgeable, US-based Student Loan Specialists are ready to help you anytime 24/7. Tools and information at DiscoverStudentLoans.com can help students and parents through each step of the process — from exploring financial aid to repaying student loans.
U-fi Student Loans
- See your rate in minutes
- It’s free to apply and seeing your rate offer won’t hurt your credit score
- Interest rate reduction with auto debit discount1
- Cosigner release after 24 on-time payments2
- Variable rates as low as 4.09%3 and fixed rates as low as 5.59%3 (with auto debit discount)
- Flexible repayment options
Auto Debit Savings
We’ll knock 0.25 percent off of your interest rate when you enroll in auto debit.
Once you make 24 on-time payments, you'll have the option to release your cosigner.
Lower interest rates and flexible monthly payment terms will save you truckloads once you graduate.
Flexible Repayment Options
Choose from three repayment options to find the plan that best fits your lifestyle. Also, enjoy a six-month grace period after you get your degree.
- Immediate Repayment: Start making payments on both principal and interest right away.
- Interest-Only Repayment: Make interest-only payments while in school, and for the six-month grace period after graduation or falling below half-time status.
- Deferred Repayment: As long as you’re enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program at least half time, you have the option to delay payments on principal and interest for up to 78 months (plus a six-month grace period).
LendKey Student Loans
- No origination fees
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for automatic payments
LendKey Private Student Loan
Are federal loans enough to cover the cost of your college education? A LendKey Private Student Loan from a not-for-profit credit union can be the answer to your funding needs.
- Variable interest loan based upon 3-month LIBOR index plus margin
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to the Cost of Attendance per year
- Borrow up to $120,000 in undergraduate debt
- Borrow up to $160,000 in graduate debt
- Use the funds for any qualified educational expense
- No prepayment penalty and 30-day loan cancellation policy
Start Student Loan
- No application, origination or prepayment fees
- Rate range 1: 4.977% Variable APR – 10.353% Fixed APR
- 0% introductory APR for the first six months (no interest will be charged during this time)2
The Start Student Loan Offers the Following
- Up to 0.50% interest rate reduction for auto pay3 (APRs shown do not include this reduction, which is available during full repayment)
- Get the same 0% introductory APR2 offer on refinanced existing private student loan balances4
- Cosigner release option available after making 36 on-time payments5
SunTrust Custom Choice Loan®
- Rate range1,2: 2.642% Variable APR - 11.050% Fixed APR
- Up to 0.50% interest rate reduction for auto pay.3 Low APR2 includes a 0.50% interest rate reduction for auto pay3 from a SunTrust account.
Sixup Student Loans
- Approval based on academic performance and financial need1
- No cosigner required to apply for a loan
- Support throughout college to keep students focused on graduation
A No Cosigner Loan Designed for You
Not everyone has access to a cosigner with great credit. At Sixup, we don’t think that should ruin your chances of going to college; that’s why we created merit-based loans. We give loans based on GPA and other academic factors so you don’t need a cosigner or a credit history. Plus you’ll get more than just a loan, you get free tutoring, essay review and career tools.
To apply for a Sixup loan you'll need to have a GPA of 3.0 or above. We don't accept cosigners and you don't need a credit score but if you have one it needs to be over 600.
PrivateStudentLoans.com always recommends that students explore all of their financial aid options, from scholarships and grants to federal student loans, in addition to learning more about private student loans.
Edvisors cannot guarantee financial aid and loan eligibility for site users. Please check with your school or your lender directly for information related to your personal eligibility. Lenders that participate may not offer products to every school.
Edvisors Network receives compensation from the lenders on this site for referrals and the compensation may impact how and where the lender products appear on the site.
Illinois residents, please click on this link.