Our innovative private student lending solutions are designed to help you responsibly fill funding gaps that remain after you've exhausted lower-cost sources of aid.
- Variable line of credit rates from 1.99%-10.49% APR1
- Variable line of credit option allows you to apply once and secure funding for your entire college career.*
- Fixed rate loan solution rates from 3.49%-11.49% APR2
- Personalized 1:1 support
- In-school deferment option
- Online application
- 0.25% discount when you set up automatic payments during full repayment^
Undergraduate or graduate students who are
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents (also applies to coborrowers/cosigners, if applicable)
- At least the age of majority in your state of residence. Please note, in most states, you must be at least 18 years old. You must be 19 years old in Alabama. You must be 21 years old in Mississippi and Puerto Rico. If you are not the age of majority in your state, you may apply with a coborrower/cosigner who is the age of majority.
- Continually enrolled in a degree-granting program and meeting the school’s minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) criteria. For fall and spring terms, you must be enrolled at least half-time. For summer term, you may be enrolled less than half-time. (Should you drop below half-time in the fall or spring, withdraw during any term, or fail to meet SAP requirements, your funding request can be denied, your line of credit may close, and you may enter repayment)
- Before applying, make sure to confirm your school is included in our listing of approved schools**
- Able to meet University Credit Union's standard underwriting criteria
- Eligible for credit union membership (you may apply without being a member of the credit union, but you will need to become a member in order for the loan to be funded)
Apply for a University Credit Union Private Student Lending Solution
*Subject to credit qualification and annual review. Must continue to meet school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. Credit union membership and minimum share deposit required.
**Approved schools subject to change without notice.
^The APR will not fall below the floor rate as stated in the account opening disclosure regardless of the index or any additional rate discount.
◊ Variable Rate Line of Credit Option: the repayment term is 20 years if your principal balance at repayment is $40,000 or less, and 25 years if your principal balance at repayment is more than $40,000.
Fixed Rate Loan Option: The loan term is a total of 15 years including a combined maximum of 4.5 years of in-school or grace period, and a repayment term of up to 10.5 years. Full repayment begins at the end of the grace period unless full repayment is selected during enrollment.
1Variable Rate Disclosures
The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for our undergraduate private education line of credit is variable and is based on the Prime index plus a margin. The current offered rate will be between 1.99% and 10.49% APR. The Annual Percentage Rate is subject to increase after consummation. The interest rate will be adjusted quarterly, based on changes to the Index. The APR will not exceed 18.00% or fall below the floor rate regardless of the Index or any additional rate discount. Any increase in the Index may increase the APR and the amount of your monthly payment. The "Index" for the quarter beginning July 1st, 2021, is 3.25%, which was the Prime index published in the Wall Street Journal on the first business day of June 2021. Current offered rate(s) are calculated by using the index, margin and floor value(s) in effect. Your specific interest rate, margin, floor, and/or credit approval depends upon the credit qualifications of the student borrower and co-borrower (if applicable). Margin will be disclosed at account opening. Student borrowers may apply with a creditworthy co-borrower which may result in a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate.
2Fixed Rate Disclosures
The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for our undergraduate private education loan is fixed for the life of the loan. The current offered rate will be between 3.49% and 11.49% APR. Your interest rate is fixed and your rate and/or credit approval depends upon the credit qualifications of the student borrower or cosigner (if applicable). Your actual rate within the range stated will be disclosed upon approval.
Student borrowers may apply with a creditworthy coborrower which may result in a better chance of approval and/or lower interest rate.
All loans subject to approval and restrictions may apply. We reserve the right to change rates for new applications at any time and without notice. Credit union membership and a minimum share deposit is required.