NC Assist Loans from College Foundation, Inc.
NC Assist Loans feature competitive fixed rates, zero loan fees, a 0.25% rate reduction for auto-draft, and are serviced by your NC nonprofit lender.
- COVER UP TO 100% of your school-certified college costs including tuition, housing, books and more1
- FIXED RATES AS LOW AS 4.50%2
- PAY AFTER LEAVING SCHOOL - Students may choose from in-school or deferred repayment options3
- ZERO FEES - No application, origination, or disbursement fees. No prepayment penalty if you choose to pay your loan off early
- NONPROFIT LENDER, College Foundation, Inc., services NC students attending any school and out-of-state students attending NC schools
1You may borrow up to your school's cost of attendance minus other financial aid you receive. The aggregate loan limit for the NC Parent Assist Loan is $120,000. The aggregate loan limit for the NC Student Assist Loan is $120,000 for undergraduate students and $200,000 for graduate students. The minimum loan amount is $1,000.
2Rates shown are for the NC Parent Assist Loan product and include autodraft discount. The 0.25% auto-draft interest rate reduction applies while in repayment and making payments via autodraft.
3NC Student Assist Loan Payments are not required until 6 months after you graduate or cease to be enrolled at least halftime. You have the option to pay the interest that accrues while you are enrolled and during the grace period. If you choose not to pay, the accrued, unpaid interest will be capitalized (added to your outstanding principal balance) when the repayment period begins. NC Parent Assist Loans do not provide a grace period and repayment begins 45 days after the loan is fully disbursed.
NC Assist Loans for Students and Parents have a 10-year standard maximum repayment period, $50.00 minimum monthly payment, and no penalty for prepayment.