TruFit Student Loan®
A flexible, affordable borrowing option.
Choose interest rate and repayment terms that work for you
- Eligible applicants have a choice of fixed or variable interest rate
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Save up to 0.50 percentage points off your interest rate with available discounts1
- Flexible repayment options
Actual interest rate is based on credit, presence of a co-signer and repayment option chosen.
Students are encouraged to apply for a private student loan with a qualified co-signer to increase chances of receiving the lowest rate possible.
Money Saving Benefits
Ways to save:
Save up to 0.50 percentage points off your interest rate with our borrower discounts:
- Loyalty Discount: If you, or your co-signer, are existing bank customers, receive an immediate 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on a new TruFit Student Loan1
- Automated Repayment Discount: You will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction during repayment by authorizing our loan servicer to automatically deduct your payment each month from any bank account you designate2
- Easy, online application process
- 24/7 online account management
- Extended call center hours 8:30am to 8:00pm Eastern Standard Time
- Find helpful financial aid tools, such as our scholarship search tool and financial literacy information at www.charterone.com/student-loans/resources
Apply With a Co-signer
While not required, we strongly encourage students to apply with a creditworthy co-signer if they may have difficulty qualifying for a loan due to limited income and credit history. This may increase an applicant's chances of approval and of possibly obtaining a better interest rate.
1Loyalty Discount: The borrower will be eligible for a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on a new TruFit Student Loan if the borrower or co-signer (if applicable) has a qualifying account in existence with us at the time the borrower and co-signer (if applicable) have submitted a completed application authorizing us to review the credit request for a TruFit Student Loan. The following are qualifying accounts: checking accounts, savings accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, automobile loans, home equity loans, home equity lines of credit, mortgages, credit card accounts, Education Refinance Loans or TruFit Student Loans. This discount will be reflected in the interest rate disclosed in the Approval Disclosure that will be provided once the loan is approved. There is a limit of one loyalty discount per loan, and the discount will not be applied to prior loans. The loyalty discount will remain in effect for the life of the loan.
2ACH Benefit: During periods when payments are due, you will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on your loan by authorizing our loan servicer to automatically deduct your payments each month from any bank account you designate. Benefit is not available when payments are not due, such as during deferment or forbearance or during periods where you have cancelled automatic deductions. If our loan servicer is unable to successfully withdraw the automatic deductions from the designated account two or more times within any 12-month period, you will no longer be eligible for this benefit.
Rates and offer subject to change.
All accounts, loans, and services are subject to individual approval.
Charter One is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. Member FDIC