Private Student Loan Options
|Option(s)||Benefits and Information|
- Low rates and no origination fees for degree-granting institutions
- Borrow up to 100% of your school certified education costs (Min. $1,000)
- It takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result
1 Competitive rates based on November 11, 2011 review of rates of national competitors.
1 Wells Fargo private student loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, and if applicable self-certification form, school certification of loan amount, and student's enrollment at a Wells Fargo-participating school.
2 Students are not required to make payments while in school; repayment begins six months after you graduate or leave school. The maximum in-school period is seven years after the date of the first disbursement. Interest continues to accrue during any deferment periods and is capitalized to the account upon entering repayment.
3 Interest Rate Discounts:
Discounts eligible at time of application: You may qualify for an interest rate discount if you or your cosigner has any of the following Wells Fargo products prior to your Final Loan Disclosure being issued:
- A Wells Fargo PMA® Package 0.50% discount
- A qualifying Wells Fargo Checking Package® 0.25% discount
- A prior federal or private student loan made by Wells Fargo 0.25% discount [prior Wachovia federal student loans are not eligible].
Only one qualifying relationship discount will apply. You will automatically receive the highest applicable discount. For variable interest rate loans, if the qualifying relationship ends, the interest rate may be reset to reflect the removal of the discount.
$700 loan cost saving assumes a $10,000 loan with 3.00% APR which includes an interest rate reduction of 0.50% with a 15-year repayment term. Variable interest rates subject to increase after consummation.
Stated APR includes an interest rate discount for having or opening a qualifying Wells Fargo Checking Package® account prior to the issuance of the Final Loan Disclosure and a 0.25% interest rate discount for the Customer Discount promotion, in effect for applications submitted from 04/16/13 through 06/30/13, this is an extra interest rate discount of 0.25%.The 0.25% Customer Discount limited time promotional interest rate discount may be combined with the Wells Fargo relationship discount but cannot be combined with partnership discounts or with any other promotional interest rate discount(s).
Discounts eligible during repayment: Interest rate discounts are effective once you qualify for the discount your monthly payment amount is adjusted at a later time. Discounts may be combined:
- Wells Fargo Student Graduation BenefitSM program 0.25% interest rate reduction to borrowers who graduate. The discount applies to loans disbursed on or after September 1, 2011. Discount is effective once proof of graduation or program completion is verified. Benefit not offered for the Wells Fargo Student Loan for Parents and the Wells Fargo Private ConsolidationSM Loan.
- Automatically withdrawn payment discount ("ACH") 0.25% interest rate reduction to borrowers who have their payments automatically withdrawn from a personal checking or savings account. This discount does not apply to automatic bill payments set up solely by you. If the automatic payment is canceled at any time after repayment begins, the discount will be lost until automatic payment is reinstated. The 0.25% interest rate reduction is effective the day after the first payment is made using automatic withdrawal during the repayment period. The automatic payment interest rate reduction is separate from the graduation interest rate reduction and available to both borrowers who graduate and those who do not. Discount does not apply during any deferment or forbearance period.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to modify or discontinue interest rate discount program(s) for future loans or to discontinue loan programs at any time without notice. For details, including eligibility requirements, visit us at wellsfargo.com/student or call 1-800-378-5526.
4 Interest rate reflected as of February 1, 2013. Variable rates are subject to increase after consummation.
5 Collegiate loan amount is dependent on the loan product, other financial aid, creditworthiness and other factors. Aggregate loan limits apply. Annual loan limits for temporary resident aliens apply and are based on product. The cost of attendance is determined and certified by the educational institution.
6 Wells Fargo Student Loan for Career and community Colleges loan amount maximum is $20,000 per year depending on the school of attendance and program of study.
Deposit products offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Member FDIC
- Choice of fixed or variable interest rate
- Graduation Reward: 1% principal reduction per loan1
- Applying with a cosigner may increase your chances of getting approved
1 Proof of graduation must be submitted within 90 days of graduation. Copy of diploma or final transcript is acceptable. 1% principal reduction is based on the original principal amount. Graduation benefit also requires no more than one late payment (any payment made more than ten days after due date).
- Choice of fixed or variable interest rates with zero fees
- No payments required while enrolled in school at least half-time
- Apply online or by phone in a few minutes and get an immediate response
Easily compare lenders for your school!
Not all lenders make loans for every school. Complete these three simple steps to find the right loan for you:
- 1 Pick Your College
- 2 View Your Options
- 3 Click to Apply
Student Loan Network recommends you consider all financial aid alternatives including grants, scholarships and federal loans (Stafford, PLUS, grad PLUS) prior to applying for private student loans.